Weddings (we love them!)
Thanks to a change in the law, it is now easier to get married in the church of your choice and you may be eligible to get married at St. John's Church if you can show that one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish.
And did you know that if you move house, you're immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish. In all cases involving church services i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage, this only applies to Church of England services. Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we want to help you explore whether it may still be possible for you to marry in our special church.
Why don't you contact our Resident Minister to find out more.
Cost: The cost of marrying in church is about £555 in 2015,depending on your requirements, which includes all legal necessities, organist and verger.
Great resources website for planning your church wedding: